Xrit2pic is a datamanager/processor for satellite pictures broadcasted by Eumetsat. Currently following data types are supported:
Xrit2pic reads data, supplied by Eumetsat in some way, e.g.:
- Plain 10-bits per pixel format
- Plain 8-bits per pixel format
- AVHRR NOAA (bzip2'ed or not)
- AVHRR METOP (EPS format)
- Messages (text)
- JPEG files with naming style of files generated by MSG Data Manager of David Taylor
- DWDSAT (limited)
- Eumetcast / Hotbird
- MSG-2 etc.
- DVD, CDROM etc.
Data processing is done directly from the raw data; for HRIT and AVHRR all 10 bits are used.
- Read, sort and delete selected data as they are received
- Show pictures of a selected channel while data is received
- Data processing:
- false colour of any combination of channels
- Anaglyphs: 3D pictures
- Overlay of country boundaries
- View and export processed data as:
- picture files (PGM, JPEG)
- movies (AVI)
- Non-gui mode for translating images using batch files
Xrit2pic is freeware;
executables are available for Linux, Windows and SUN/Solaris.
Comments are always welcome.
For more information and downloads see:
For HRPT/CHRPT systems see:
weather satellite pages
View My Stats